Again he gave you thanks and praise, gave the cup to his disciples, and said:
"Take this, all of you, and drink from it:
This is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant.
It will be shed for you and for all, so that sins may be forgiven.
Do this in memory of me."
This is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant.
It will be shed for you and for all, so that sins may be forgiven.
Do this in memory of me."
*****
It hit me in church today
That we begin our meal
at church and at home
by blessing your name
bringing you into it
Invoking your love to
fill us up.
But it wasn't until after
you fed your friends
shared your meal
and shared your time
when supper was ended
that you blessed and broke
the bread
and broke it, shared it and said
this is me
shared with you
remember this
and remember me.
When supper was ended
and they'd fed their bodies--
only then did you feed
their souls.
Could it be that
we're so busy getting our fill
that we can't focus on sharing
you and ourselves
with others?
I feel like I never get to the point
when supper is ended
when I know that I have enough
that I am enough
that I have you
and I can turn outwards and share you
and myself
with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment