Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I." John 14: 19-20; 27-28
*****
Everything we think we know
in this world
is merely a shadow--
the rough outline--
of what is real
in Yours.
Peace
Love
Joy
It's almost unfair to use the same words;
our poor words
to describe your richness.
Not as the world gives
But that's all we know
What does it mean, to see you?
What does it mean, to live?
What does it mean, to love?
Show us
and soon.
Because our poor words
we pull over us like a too-small blanket
and we're chilled and we need
more--
more truth
in your words.
*****
Everything we think we know
in this world
is merely a shadow--
the rough outline--
of what is real
in Yours.
Peace
Love
Joy
It's almost unfair to use the same words;
our poor words
to describe your richness.
Not as the world gives
But that's all we know
What does it mean, to see you?
What does it mean, to live?
What does it mean, to love?
Show us
and soon.
Because our poor words
we pull over us like a too-small blanket
and we're chilled and we need
more--
more truth
in your words.
Faith, another word too small for what it really means, but what will allow us to let His peace fill us up and warm us from within!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Diane, for inspiring me with your beautiful words on this Lenten journey!
Happy Easter!